Sunday, August 29, 2010

There is something in the air

Red sun mid day
There is something in the air, and I’m talking literally here. I don’t know what it is exactly. I’d say it was smoke from people burning for heat if it were winter. Wait a minute. It is winter. But I still don’t think that is what it is as the past week has been up in the 90s every day. No need for extra heat with sun like that. Perhaps it is an excess of dust in the sky? We haven’t had any rain in quite a while. Or perhaps there is some sort of large scale fire or industry that I don’t know anything about. All I know is that the air hasn’t been the easiest to breathe, but it has made for a gorgeous red sun. Only problem is that the sun has been red the entire day. In the morning walking to school, bright red sun. When I go for lunch, still red overhead. Walking home from school in the early evening, a lower more vibrant red. It is a bit eerie really. While I enjoy the color I wish I knew what was causing it or that at least a good rain storm would come along and clear out the air a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment